Monday, October 3, 2011

found him

We found him. Thank God we found him. We looked for him everywhere, from the yard to that stupid lake he's always going to. And the place we find him is RIGHT IN FRONT OF HIS FUCKING COMPUTER! I don't even know when the hell he got back here, but when I found him he was sitting all curled up, looking at the screen and bawling, so I look at the screen, and it's just his email. There wasn't even an open message. So I close the laptop and he flips his shit screaming 'Lulu!  Lulu! Don't make me leave Lulu!' I swear to God, this is almost as bad as right after the accident. Anyway, after that I gave him some medicine that the shrinks at the hospital gave me, specifically the red striped pills that could knock an elephant on its ass. It made Clark sit still. Anyway, he keeps looking at his screen like something's gonna happen, so I ask him what's so important and he says 'I want you to tell them my history. Start from as far back as you know.' So I guess that's what I'm here to do.

So the earliest I know about Clark is that he was born and spent the first eleven years of his life in Pennsylvania, and he moved down here to

Clark's telling me not to say where we are. Anyway he moved to HERE and that's when we met, seventh grade science class. We were pretty much friends from day one, and I always loved listening to him talking about magic and old religions and stuff like that. There was also the advantage of being the guy who was best friends with the guy who read fortunes haha. The weird thing was, Clark never really showed any interest in girls back then. I'm not saying he's homosexual or anything, he was just quiet around crowds, and all the girls seemed to like being in crowds. Anyway, I got to meet his parents a lot then, they were about what you'd expect to be as parents of a kid who could convince our science teacher that Tarot cards were legitimate fact-finding tools (funny as hell, by the way). His dad was a lawyer, but not the normal kind, the kind you see on tv who mind-fucks the guy he's going against and always wins. They always used to tell me about a case where he made a guy confess to the crime he committed at the beginning of the case without him noticing it. Apparently, they had to go through the record to make sure it was a confession, and it was.  The guy got the maximum sentence for rape despite the confession (another mind-trick from Jedi-dad).

Then there was his mom, who I always thought of like Ron's mom in Harry Potter, and it's hard to be more literal than that, she was a practicing Wiccan. Or at least that's how she explained it to me, but apparently what she did was a family practice that went way back. And the weird thing was, I could never figure out how she did some of that stuff up till recently.  How do you make your soup ladles and pots and pans hand on the ceiling without hooks or anything? Magnets is how. But she was still really spiritual, so it's easy to tell Clark is his mom's son.

Let's see, we were best buds since seventh grade, and then came freshman year. The year that I swear I had to keep him from killing himself more than I went to the bathroom. Clark had fallen in love. I don't even remember her name anymore, she was pretty enough, ever got to know her, and she hardly knew him. Either way, he obsessed over her, and there were a lot of times I had to knock him off a stool before he could hang himself, and one time I had to pull his stiletto knife out of his neck, that idiot.

Of course that and everything else changed with the crash. Clark's asking for the computer.

Hello, everyone.  I am all right, don't worry.  I was just in a lot of pain from some wounds I got recently, and the chemical that my brain released to try to ease it went to my head, and I know I'm going to owe some of you an apology when I recover fully.  At any rate, I'm supposed to be telling you about the crash.  When I was fifteen, my parents and I were driving to a store, I don't even remember which one because I was listening to music.  It was summer, though, because school hadn't started yet.  The last thing that I remember before everything went wrong was that my mom was acting terrified.  However, she always had a strong sense of precognition, so she probably knew what was about to happen.  My dad swerved the car hard to the right, and the last thing I remember was a loud screech, and then blackness.  I woke up almost a month later in a full body cast, and everything below my navel completely numb.  I was told that I had lost my parents and most of the nerves leading to my lower body.  They said I was lucky to be alive, but at the time, if I could have grabbed a scalpel, I would have ended it there.

After eight months of hospitalization, it was decided that I would be able to return to school.  Of course, school had already been in for several months, but I kept up with the classwork, so I wasn't terribly behind.  But I remember always feeling distracted, like someone was watching me all the time.  Eventually, the paranoia got so bad I attacked someone because they were making fun of me or something along those lines.  I've forgotten.  It as not long afterward that I was diagnosed with schizophrenia.  I will now pass the laptop back to Tony.

Wow, he covered a lot. So yeah, that pretty much covers everything I think, except for me helping out here at his place and making sure he doesn't hurt himself or anything. He's my friends and I don't want him getting himself into something he'll regret, you know? So I guess whoever you are, Lulu, I guess I have to ask you to help look out for him, too, alright? Clark was really broken up about you for some reason. It's good for him to have a girlfriend, or whatever you two are haha.

No comments: