Monday, January 23, 2012

Musical Tide

Music takes on a whole new definition when you hear it like I do.  Every note, every chord, every phrase becomes a shivering rush of sound as the tone warbles up and down, and every instrument's beam intermixes with each other to make a rhythm as each meets their high end and their low end.  Music within music.  I heard a piece yesterday that was an intriguing mixture of violin and bass guitar, and the violin section's beats formed an almost addictive rhythm, with neither form nor meter, but wonderful all the same.  It has been too long since I have been to a live performance, because I devoted so much time to my attempts at killing that monster, but now, I don't think I could listen to music any other way than this.

I really do think I should leave this place soon.  I'd feel guilty if I brought a certain Phantom to the Sydney Opera House...